Essential Sentinel upgrade rescheduled for September 2016 release
Posted in Communications
Below is an update on the revised national release date of Site Access; the technical upgrade to Sentinel that will help manage fatigue and prevent double-shifting. Here is a high-level summary of our plan over the coming months, until the release at the end of September.
What we are doing (August – September):
- Ensuring the technical user feedback from our May / June pilot is implemented
- Re-testing the technology with identified users in the Western Route, across both Infrastructure Projects (IP) and Maintenance work-sites
- Finalising briefing materials and e-Learning support on how to use the upgraded Sentinel mobile app, card reader software and core system
What you need to do:
- Continue using the current Sentinel mobile app, card reader software or core system to verify workforce competency and medical records on every shift
- Keep checking our website for further information on Site Access, specifically look under this section. Detailed user guides and learning materials will be available from 01 September.
- Cascade this information to those affected by changes in Sentinel, for example Controllers of Site Safety (COSS), Safe Work Leaders (SWL), Site Access Controllers, and Work-site Managers
Key points to note:
- Sentinel Site Access is a safety tool for Controllers of Site Safety (COSS) or Safe Work Leaders (SWL) to check competence and medical records of themselves and their teams
- Sentinel Site Access was approved at Trade Union consultation last year
- Sentinel Site Access cannot be used to initiate a disciplinary
Sentinel cares about the safety of all track workers and was designed over 17 years ago to help get everyone home safe every day. If you have any queries on the above then please contact the Sentinel helpdesk