Sentinel Site Access update March 2017
Posted in Communications
Following the soft launch of the updated Sentinel app in October 2016, below is an update on progress to date.
During the Summer of 2016 we held two pilots through the Western Route covering Network Rail Maintenance, IP sites including Site Access cabins and Training Centres. Feedback from the pilots suggested that access to the technology should be launched, with supporting learning materials, so that people could be trained if required but also use the app physically in the real environment.
Our work with Trade Unions also highlighted that Routes would like to trial the technology within their own environments/ settings. A soft launch allowed stakeholders to access the relevant content at a time of their choosing and cascade to their teams at a pace which best suited them. This approach also allowed routes, functions and IP regions to avoid conflict with other major change programmes.
To raise awareness and increase usage of Sentinel, in October 2016 we launched the updated version via the various platform app stores to allow people access when they wanted.
To support the October launch, communications and materials were sent out to selected stakeholders to help them inform colleagues about the app. This included:
- Competence Delivery Specialists (CDS)
- Sponsor Administrators
- Route Managing Directors (RMDs)
- Heads of Route Safety Health & Environment (HORSHEs)
- Heads of Safety & Sustainable Development (S&SD)
- Regional Directors
- Supply Chain
- Change Management Office (CMO)
- Site Access Controllers (SAC)
- Training Providers
- Trade Unions (TUs)
- Infrastructure Projects Safety Suppliers
In 2017 Sentinel will be focusing on:
- Continuing to work with Routes on Go Live of Sentinel including any training/support required and requested
- Working with Network Rail STE to update the Sentinel Scheme Rules and will keep you updated of these changes and when the new updated document will be available
- Updating the reporting tool available from Sentinel and the new safety related data being captured
- Working with RISQs to include Sentinel checks as part of their audits
- Recording the use of competence that informs the ACC through the Skills Assessment Scheme
The Sentinel Project team continues to be available to help with briefings, training, webex’s or general support so please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.
- All our learning materials, videos and e-learning are available on our website