Operations update – December 2016
Posted in Newsletter
Welcome to the final update of 2016. With the Site Access app launched, users increasing and embracing the new technology, 2017 is set to be a good year. Please read through the articles below which contain some important Sentinel updates for you.
1. Site Access: NOT MANDATED
Site Access was released on 4 October 2016 to the industry. We have received some queries on whether it would be mandated on 08 December 2016. To note, this is NOT the case. Please continue swiping cards to determine whether an individual has the Authority to Work on the railway infrastructure.
Cardcheckers should confirm individuals are:
- Medically fit
- Have an up-to-date Drug and Alcohol test
- Work for a valid Sponsor
This should be done:
- Each and every shift
- Each time you work with a different Controller of Site Safety
- Upon request following an event/incident or investigation
Call the 24/7 Sentinel Helpdesk if you have any queries.
Site Access learning and communication materials are available on the website. The WebEx’s have now ended but a short ‘how to use the app’ resource (with audio) is available to help guide people through the Site Access app.
2. Applying for a Sentinel card. Avoid photograph rejection and charges